Working Group Service
I have served in two working groups for MIT and the UN. These include:
- "Learning Outcomes" subgroup member, 2022 - Present
- "Off-campus Connections" subgroup member, 2022 - Present
 Editorial and Referee Service
Special Issue "Energy Conservation and Carbon Mitigation Technology of Buildings," Energies (IF 3.252) (2022)
Special Issue "Multi-energy Complementary and Energy Storage Technologies," Sustainability (IF 3.889) (2022)
Special Issue "Photothermal Catalysis for Advanced Energy and Environmental Applications," Frontiers in Energy Research (IF 3.858) (2022)
Editorial Board Member:
Young Editorial Board, Materials Futures (01/01/2023 - 01/01/2024)
Young Editorial Board Member, eScience (2022 - Present)
I have provided >130 peer reviews for 13 journals. See the verified record from my Web of Science profile here.
Energies (2022 - Present)
Journal of Colloid and Interface Science (2022 - Present)
Advances in Applied Energy (2022 - Present)
Results in Engineering (2022 - Present)
Biosensors and Bioelectronics (2021 - Present)
Renewable Energy (2020 - Present)
Journal of Molecular Liquids (2020 - Present)
Engineering Reports (2020 - Present)
Journal of Cleaner Production (2019 - Present)
Energy Conversion and Management (2019 - Present)
International Journal of Hydrogen Energy (2019 - Present)
Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B (2019 - Present)
International Journal of Energy and Environmental Engineering (2019 - Present)
 Selected Panel Service
I have served as the moderator/panelist in several conferences. These include, but are limited to the following:
14th International Green Energy Conference, Virtual, July 2022.
- Co-chair, Session S11: Energy systems modelling and optimization 2
- Co-chair, Session S16: Hydrogen and fuel cells
CEN2022 Applied Energy Symposium 2022: Clean Energy towards Carbon Neutrality, Virtual, Apr. 2022.
Post-COVID Summit, Virtual, Apr. 2022.
UN DESA's Global Policy Dialogue for Climate Action, Virtual, Apr. 2021.
- Panelist, Imagining the Carbon-neutral Future: Transformations in Energy and Transport [Link]
Illinois China Summit & Michigan China Forum, Virtual, Mar. 2020.
Forbes Ignite, Virtual, Mar. 2020.
- Panelist, Cognitive Diversity Virtual Ideation [Link]
9th annual New York State Biotech Symposium, Syracuse, NY, May 2017
 Leadership Service
I have served in leadership roles in a couple of organizations. These include:
Chinese Entrepreneur Association at Cornell (CEAC)
- Vice President, Aug. 2018 - Aug. 2021 [Link]
Cornell Chinese Visiting Scholars/Students Association (CVSA)
- Vice President and Treasurer, Sep. 2017 - Aug. 2021
Xi’an Jiaotong University Online Overseas Education Forum (XJTU BBS GoAbroad Forum)
- Web Manager and Book Editor, Apr. 2016 - Present [Link]
- Chief editor for the 136-page graduate school application guide - "A Story of 16 Fall XJTUers" (in Chinese) [Link]