Working Group Service
I have served in two working groups for MIT and the UN. These include:
- "Learning Outcomes" subgroup member, 2022 - Present
- "Off-campus Connections" subgroup member, 2022 - Present
 Editorial and Referee Service
Special Issue "Emerging Point-of-Care Biosensors and Their Applications," Biosensors (IF 5.743) (2022)
Special Issue "Energy Conservation and Carbon Mitigation Technology of Buildings," Energies (IF 3.252) (2022)
Special Issue "Multi-energy Complementary and Energy Storage Technologies," Sustainability (IF 3.889) (2022)
Special Issue "Photothermal Catalysis for Sustainable Energy Production and Environmental Treatment," Frontiers in Energy Research (IF 3.858) (2022)
Editorial Board Member:
Young Editorial Board, Science in One Health (2023 - Present)
Youth Editorial Board Member, Nano-Micro Letters (IF 23.655) (2023 - Present)
Early Career Editorial Board, Journal of Materials Science & Technology (IF 10.319) (2022 - Present)
Next Generation Board, Applied Research (2023 - Present)
Promotion Editor & Academic Editor, Exploration (2023 - Present)
Early Career Editorial Board, Energy Reviews (2023 - Present)
Young Editorial Board, Materials Futures (2023 - Present)
Young Editorial Board Member, eScience (2022 - Present)
I have provided >145 peer reviews for 15 journals. See the verified record from my Web of Science profile here.
Gas Science and Engineering (2023 - Present)
Energies (2022 - Present)
Journal of Colloid and Interface Science (2022 - Present)
Advances in Applied Energy (2022 - Present)
Cleaner Environmental Systems (2022 - Present)
Results in Engineering (2022 - Present)
Biosensors and Bioelectronics (2021 - Present)
Renewable Energy (2020 - Present)
Journal of Molecular Liquids (2020 - Present)
Engineering Reports (2020 - Present)
Journal of Cleaner Production (2019 - Present)
Energy Conversion and Management (2019 - Present)
International Journal of Hydrogen Energy (2019 - Present)
Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B (2019 - Present)
International Journal of Energy and Environmental Engineering (2019 - Present)
 Selected Panel Service
I have served as the moderator/panelist in several conferences. These include, but are limited to the following:
Carbon Capture Science and Technology (CCST) Conference 2023, Virtual, July 2023.
- Co-chair, Integrated carbon capture and utilization (ICCU)
- Co-chair, Process integration, intensification, modeling, and artificial intelligence in carbon capture
15th International Green Energy Conference, Hybrid, July 2023.
- Co-chair, Session S2: Energy conversion and management #1
14th International Green Energy Conference, Virtual, July 2022.
- Co-chair, Session S11: Energy systems modelling and optimization 2
- Co-chair, Session S16: Hydrogen and fuel cells
CEN2022 Applied Energy Symposium 2022: Clean Energy towards Carbon Neutrality, Virtual, Apr. 2022.
Post-COVID Summit, Virtual, Apr. 2022.
UN DESA's Global Policy Dialogue for Climate Action, Virtual, Apr. 2021.
- Panelist, Imagining the Carbon-neutral Future: Transformations in Energy and Transport [Link]
Illinois China Summit & Michigan China Forum, Virtual, Mar. 2020.
Forbes Ignite, Virtual, Mar. 2020.
- Panelist, Cognitive Diversity Virtual Ideation [Link]
9th annual New York State Biotech Symposium, Syracuse, NY, May 2017
 Leadership Service
I have served in leadership roles in a couple of organizations. These include:
Chinese Entrepreneur Association at Cornell (CEAC)
- Vice President, Aug. 2018 - Aug. 2021 [Link]
Cornell Chinese Visiting Scholars/Students Association (CVSA)
- Vice President and Treasurer, Sep. 2017 - Aug. 2021
Xi’an Jiaotong University Online Overseas Education Forum (XJTU BBS GoAbroad Forum)
- Web Manager and Book Editor, Apr. 2016 - Present [Link]
- Chief editor for the 136-page graduate school application guide - "A Story of 16 Fall XJTUers" (in Chinese) [Link]